Katerina Stoykova-Klemer, Host of Accents
I'm very happy to be driving to Lexington this Friday, September 19, to slide behind the microphone in the studio of Accents - A Radio Show for Literature, Art and Culture and have a conversation about poetry with host and friend Katerina Stoykova-Klemer. I'm grateful to Katerina for many things, not the least of which is her beautiful poetry (I can recommend one of her latest books--she's a busy literary citizen!--The Porcupine of the Mind). Accents airs live each Friday 2-3 pm from the studios of the University of Kentucky on WRFL, 88.1 FM. If you miss the live broadcast, you can stream from http://wrfl.fm. An archive of previous Accents shows is available there.


"The mission of the show is to promote the arts—local, national and international alike," so who knows what we'll talk about? Katerina is kindly translating some of my new graveyard poems--just in time for Halloween--into Bulgarian! That's amazing. We'll also talk about teaching poetry, I bet. We both have new writing classes beginning this fall at The Carnegie Center (see my post below). And maybe my newest fascination with pairing visual art or animation with poetry. But, really, I never what wonderful direction our conversations are going to go in, so I look forward to it and hope some you will catch if not our program then some of the podcasts from other Accents

Comments